For this week, I thought I would start with some cute Christmas bulbs! I saw on Pinterest where someone made a melted snowman and put 'Some people are worth melting for' from Frozen. I don't know about you, but I love Frozen. Its such a sweet movie. And having a little sister helps too. So today I am going to make some melted Olaf bulb as well as a few others.
Step one is to gather your supplies. For Olaf I bought iridescent white glitter, clear bulbs (96 cents at Walmart), paint pen and yarn. I wanted the 'snow' to have a little sparkle, since being by the lights of the tree will hit the glitter perfectly. I also ended up grabbing little black beads for the black yarn. My plan did not work how I wanted.
Two. I wrote on the outside first. My blue wasn't dark enough so I ended up using a gold Sharpie which I think looks just as good.
Three. I made my arms and nose and (tried) to make buttons. For the arms, I used brown pipe cleaners and bended the one end. The nose is a piece of orange yarn and of course black beads for the eyes/buttons.

Four. This part is messy. Glitter is going to get everywhere no matter what you try. And since its glitter you are going to find more in 3 weeks. Just a warning. But to fill the bulbs, make a cone out of paper and pour the glitter in. I filled to about the bottom line of text. If you get too much (I did the second time) it can just be poured back in. Just make sure you tap/flick the cone BEFORE you remove it. If not you might get glitter all over. A.k.a been there done that.
Five. Drop all your supplies in. I went large to small, so the black beads didn't get crushed. If you need to move things around take a skewer and lightly push. Its more tapping the side of what you want to move than pushing so you don't collect glitter on the side.
Finally, put the top back on. I tied a blue ribbon for a hook and its all done.
I hope you liked the craft! If you try it share! I love seeing others awesome creations. I have the next few lined up, but any suggestions would be great too!! Deciding is half the battle.








No comments:
Post a Comment