Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Thankfully yours

Working retail makes me excited for Christmas mush sooner than the rest of the world. But as a few customers and my boyfriend pointed out there is another holiday between Halloween. And Chtistmas. Thanksgiving! I do love the good food and time with family. Often it gets pushed to the side with work and obligations. But the idea of thanksgiving is to remind us all the things we have. The pilgrims were thankful for their new friends and the help they received for a safe winter. 

This month I have decided to highlight  some things I am thankful for. Hopefully it will keep my life in perspective this holiday season.  

Today, I'm thankful for my family. Both my biological and sorority sisters. 

My parents are amazing. They sacrificed  a lot for us three kids. But my home was always warm and loving. That dedication shows through my sister and I attending school out of state. It's nice knowing I always have somewhere to call home with them. 

Coming back home and going to college again was hard. But joining sorority was the best thing I could have done. I gained not only friends but sisters. I have an amazing big sister and quadruplets and little nieces in my family. I am proud to wear my letters and hope to share them with my daughter someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment