I started with a cheap little tree skirt from Walmart it was a whopping five dollars. It has a cute scalloped edge and plain one. I unfolded it to check it out. There wasn't a precut circle top and no way to close it up. Following some of the many tutorials on Pinterest, I refolded the skirt into a triangle. Then I cut the tip. Just keep cutting until you get to the length you want. I cut it a little short but for a night out that was perfectly fine for me. For the waist you can do you can do one of two different waist bands. I did a simple fold over and used a ribbon to cinch it up. If you have more sewing experience you could do a thick elastic band. To keep it all together I used some starchy witch and an iron. It didn't work as well so I stapled it. Alittle more time and I would have just seen it close but in a pinch the staples were perfect. Some pictures are below. Enjoy.


No comments:
Post a Comment