Roughly five out of seven days in a week I am
working, usually closing. Which means white shirt and either denim or khaki
pants. I don't like to wear two whole outfits so on the days I do close and I have
running to do, it’s in that uniform. I love my job don't get me wrong. I love
the wonderful people I work with and the opportunities I have within the
company. I will say retail isn't for everyone and it does have ups and downs.
But lets just say, white is not my favorite top. I like to think I have
become better at accessorizing with my work wardrobe. So I thought I would
share some of my tips.
For me, some things are a must. My necklace from my
boyfriend is #1. I only really take it off when I shower. I have two ring and
earrings that are my go to, but from time to time mix in different styles. Ok
so I have about 4-5 pairs of bow earrings that I rotate. My watch is another
must. Got to know when its closing time.
I have grown in love with accessories because
of it. Arm candy stacks, scarves in the winter, bows. You name it I probably
have (or will) try it. I have even bought fun shoes just because of work. I try to match my accessories to my apron or at
least coordinate it. If not my apron then I try to make the theme of the store.
Its fall and pumpkins now so going to start with my awesome white scarf
soon. Today I am even wearing longer sleeves. Its really nice that the weather is finally starting to match the season at work! I was trying to get my last few days of sperry's in but the weather had other ideas. Today is a cardi and riding boots kind of day.
If you are having trouble leaving your comfort zone with your accessories, the best thing to do is make subtle changes. Buy/find a pair of earrings the same size as your current ones and wear them one day. Wear the ring on the same hand, or finger if it fits. Layer your necklaces so you are loosing your favorite but adding depth to your outfit.
No comments:
Post a Comment